Free Concerts and Musical Performances
(Hollywood) - Alternative music, several days per week, usually in the evening.
- Cañon Summer Concert Series features Jazz, Big Band and other music, including popular local bands. Thursdays at 6PM and 715PM, from June 14 to September 13, 2012. [Beverly Hills]
- Four free concerts on Thursdays, from July 12 to August 2, 2012 in the courtyard at City Hall in Culver City. Various styles of music. [Culver City near Sony Studios]
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring, World City features internationally renowned artists in admission-free performances on select Saturdays at the W.M. Keck Foundation Children's Amphitheatre at Walt Disney Concert Hall. To complement the performances, the Music Center offers pre- and post-family workshops in the adjacent Blue Ribbon Garden. At the Calendar of Events, search for "World City". [Downtown L.A.]
is Southern California's largest presenter of free performing arts programs and a nonprofit arts institution.
- The Los Angeles County Arts Commission sponsors free concerts at community venues throughout Los Angeles County.
- Summer Music Festival June 16 to August 26, 2012. Free concerts four days per week, plus a food court, vendors, street performers and more.
- free performances overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Limited schedule (July only) [Long Beach area].
- a free weekly event that includes live music, gourmet food truck, booth vendors, entertainment and dog adoptions. The NoHo Dine Out Fridays is located in a parking lot at 11452 Burbank Blvd, just west of Lankershim. [North Hollywood / San Fernando Valley]
is the site for the Downtown Stage Free Summer Concert Series. Saturdays, 8-11PM, July 11 to August 18, 2012. [Downtown L.A.]
- A list of free live comedy shows in Los Angeles. [Citywide].
- Free presentations of Shakespeare plays at various locations throughout Los Angeles. Summertime only. Runs for 10 weeks starting June 7, 2012 for the show's 15th anniversary. [Citywide].
- Free outdoor film screening, at Sunset Triangle Plaza. Twice per month on Wednesdays, during the summer. [Silver Lake, between Hollywood and downtown LA].