Entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood
Los Angeles Amusement Parks
- The world-famous movie studio and theme park featuring movie studios, tours, attractions, rides, restaurants and more. The movie studio tour offers a behind-the-scenes look at special effects and movie-making techniques. The rides and attractions are based on major movies that have been produced by Universal Studios.
Ticket Pricing: Universal Studios Tickets (Save on Front of Line pass!)
Two Park Deal: Universal and Sea World
Go LA Card: 3+ days includes Universal
- animals, reptiles and birds in their natural habitat. The Zoo costs less than a movie but offers far more entertainment value. Our zoo is smaller than the San Diego Zoo although it's much closer and the admission cost is much lower. It's in Griffith Park, north of downtown Los Angeles, in the general area of Universal Studios.
, Santa Monica - a carnival style amusement park located on the Santa Monica Pier. A Ferris wheel offers spectacular views of the Santa Monica Bay, the Pacific ocean, Santa Monica, Ocean Park and Venice Beach. There are carnival games, a roller coaster and other rides. The Go Los Angeles card (buy online) includes Pacific Park.
- Miniature golf (three 9-hole courses), indoor arcade with video games, air hockey and other games, laser tag, batting cage with multiple skills, and a snack bar. Parking is free. This venue is maintained by the L.A. Park system [San Fernando Valley, Northern L.A. County].
- If you like roller coasters then you'll love Magic Mountain. The emphasis is on thrill rides, and some of them are heart-pounders! The park also offers theme attractions, carnival games, arcades, food, shows and more opportunities for an entire day of thrills and fun. [Santa Clarita, Northern L.A. County].
Ticket Pricing: Magic Mountain Tickets (Save $20 per person!)
Get a Front of Line Pass for Universal Studios
- From thrilling speed slides to cool kids' areas to gallons of water adventures, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is a tropical paradise and the perfect place to cool off and work on your California tan. [Santa Clarita, Northern L.A. County, very close to Magic Mountain].
Ticket Pricing: Hurricane Harbor Tickets (September 28 is last day of season!)
- Features ocean-based exhibits and marine life of the Pacific ocean. You can explore the various ocean habitats of Southern California, Baja California, the frigid waters of the North Pacific and the colorful reefs of the Tropical Pacific. Come face-to-face with, and even touch, the ocean's ultimate predators in Shark Lagoon and hand feed lorikeet birds. [Long Beach]
Ticket Pricing: Aquarium of the Pacific Tickets
- An indoor go cart race track in the Torrance/Gardena area. Experience the thrill of 20hp electric karts at an affordable price. Open late on Fridays and Saturdays. Also ideal for parties and meetings.
Ticket Pricing: K1 Speed Torrance Tickets
- California's largest water theme park featuring a 50-acre aquatic recreation park which includes water slides, speed slides, rides, chutes, lagoons, children's activity pools and beaches for sunbathers. Open during the summer months. Click on the link for their San Dimas facility. [North of Pasadena, near Pomona]
- three paintball and airsoft parks in the L.A. area, plus one near San Diego. The parks are SC Village located in Chino (east of downtown L.A.), Hollywood Sports in Bellflower (near Long Beach), and California Paintball and Airsoft Park in Castaic (near Magic Mountain).
Near the entrance of Disneyland
Disneyland / Orange County
- Southern California's most popular amusement park. Emphasis on theme attractions and rides. Disneyland is a "must see" attraction. You will feel the magic of Disneyland as soon as you enter the park! Plan on spending a whole day (or longer, if possible). Follow the link to find more info and a Disneyland Photo Gallery.
More Disneyland Links
Ticket Pricing: Disneyland Tickets
Accommodations: Hotels near Disneyland under $90
Transportation: Getting to Disneyland
- Disneyland's sister park is located near the main gate of Disneyland. Come celebrate the fun and adventures of California -- Disney style! You'll be immersed in the California spirit through the magic of Hollywood, the thrills of a beachfront boardwalk and the adventures of the great outdoors. You can visit California Adventure in one day or less, so a 2-day Park Hopper lets you enjoy both parks and gives you extra time to explore Dsineyland.
Ticket Pricing: California Adventure Tickets
Click for Knott's Berry Farm Tickets
- Large theme park with an emphasis on theme attractions and rides. There is an adjacent shopping district that you can visit for free. Some thrill rides. If you like slower rides where you can look at animated characters and other scenarios, try Knott's. This is a good place for kids. The park and the shopping district follow an old western (cowboy) theme, plus features Snoopy and other Peanuts characters.
Ticket Pricing: Knott's Berry Farm Tickets
Save up to $26 per person!
- Located next to Knott's Berry Farm theme park, Soak City is one of Southern California's largest water parks. High-speed slides, 4-person rafts, single-rider inner tube slides, enclosed slide flumes, a lazy river, wave pool, and a family fun house featuring a variety of water activities.
Ticket Pricing: Soak City is closed for the season - reopens 2015
- a park built around speed and competition, incorporates real racing action, indoor interactive entertainment and great food to create a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Situated on approximately 12 acres of land. Pilot a NHRA Top Fuel Dragster, spin wildly in a go-kart on the finely polished concrete surface Slick Track, race Grand Prix cars and more.
San Diego Area
- Near San Diego. The theme park features rides, entertainment and more than 15,000 models and attractions made out of tens of millions of Lego bricks, including a dinosaur that is alone built from more than two million bricks. They'll find rides and roller coasters made especially for them! Older kids and parents will enjoy the laser blasters and the Lego Mindstorms Learning Center. LegoLand is about a one-hour drive south from Disneyland but it is definitely worth the drive. This attraction is sure to provide your family with a full day of thrills and entertainment.
Ticket Pricing: Legoland Tickets
- (formerly called Wild Animal Park) - Located 32 miles northeast of the San Diego Zoo near the city of Escondido in north San Diego County, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is 20 times larger than the Zoo. It is also a completely different experience than a visit to the Zoo. The 1,800-acre wildlife preserve allows visitors to view herds of exotic animals as they might have been seen in their native Asia and Africa. The Park has over 3,500 animals representing 260 species, and is also an accredited botanical garden.
Ticket Pricing: Safari Park Tickets
Optional - Feed and photograph animals up close: Safari Park Adventure Photo Caravan
Hippo at San Diego Zoo
- The San Diego Zoo cares for more than 4,000 individual animals representing 800 different species. Its collection of animals, as well as its plant collection of over 6,500 species, is acknowledged as one of the finest in the entire world. TIP: For a memorable experience at the San Diego Zoo, try the optional "Backstage Pass" experience (see ticket pricing info below). You'll be treated like a VIP as you are personally introduced to furry, feathered, and scaly critter celebrities in a private show area!
Ticket Pricing: San Diego Zoo Tickets
San Diego Getaway: San Diego Zoo and Hotel Vacation Package
- Sea World is about a two hour drive south of downtown Los Angeles. See dolphins, polar bears, whales, sharks and other aquatic animals in exhibits and performances.
Ticket Pricing: Sea World Tickets
Two Park Deal: Sea World and Universal Studios, for 14 consecutive days.
- San Diego's only beachfront amusement center and home of the historic Giant Dipper Roller Coaster and Plunge. Belmont Park carries on the tradition of old-time family fun featuring The Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, Vertical Plunge, Bumper Mania, Tilt-A-Whirl, Liberty Carousel, Crazy Submarine, Thunder Boats, Baja Buggies, Sea Serpent, and Pirates Cove, San Diego's largest and most adventurous indoor children's play center.
Ticket Pricing: Belmont Park Tickets
Short Link: http://LAtourist.com/AmusementParks ||| Micro Link: http://inLA.us/amuse