Malibu features miles of scenic coastline, offering the perfect location for a memorable dining experience. For this reason, many 5-star restaurants are located along the shoreline of Malibu, either on or next to the water. This list is in order from east to west, with restaurants closest to Santa Monica listed first.
Oceanside Restaurants Between Santa Monica and Malibu
- Restaurant and bar, tables with ocean view [17300 Pacific Coast Highway (PCH at Sunset Blvd), Pacific Palisades].
- Lunch and Dinner, a very popular upscale restaurant. [18412 Pacific Coast Highway (near Topanga Canyon Blvd)].
- Brunch, Lunch and Dinner [20356 Pacific Coast Highway].
- Restaurant and bar, tables with ocean view, kids' menu, gluten-free menu. [21150 Pacific Coast Highway].
- at Malibu Beach Inn [22878 Pacific Coast Highway].
Near the Beach in Western Malibu
These restaurants are not actually on the water, but are very close, with an immediate view of the ocean. They are all west of Kanaan Dume Road (further from Santa Monica).
- Brunch, Lunch and Dinner. [6800 Westward Beach Road (off of PCH and just west of Kanaan Dume Road)]
- formerly known as Beau Rivage Restaurant which had been on Pacific Coast Highway for more than 30 years. Unfortunately, the iconic restaurant was damaged in a fire on June 11, 2012 and was permanently closed. However as of August 2014 the location hosts a new restaurant, The Ranch at Solstice Canyon. (310) 456-8900. [26025 Pacific Coast Highway].
- Lunch and Dinner with views of the ocean and mountains [27400 Pacific Coast Highway].
- Lunch and Dinner. This casual diner is not actually on the ocean, but it is very close. It's next to a beach with plenty of sand for beach activities, so you can spend the day at the beach, and grab lunch and dinner and the cafe. [28128 Pacific Coast Highway].
- Lunch and Dinner. This casual restaurant/bar is near the western edge of Malibu, so the location is more remote than others. [42505 Pacific Coast Highway].